Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Electric Slide

This week I looked to review Marty's Blog. I always enjoy Marty's commentary on the electric industry as I know many people in the industry at ISO New England, Iberdrola USA (Central Maine Power, Rochester Gas and Electric Etc) and Central Vermont Public Service.  My father is a project manager at CMP as well as Storm Response Manager so I have been exposed to the electric industry since I was small.  So last week when Marty referenced http://www.kjonline.com/news/Wholesale-electricity-prices-lowest-in-decade.html, I was pumped because that is my hometown paper.

So for looking at this week, I hoped there was more about the New England power industry.  Alas this week it was not all about it. I like how Marty was able to analyze the competitive market as being defined from the   customer and company. "Therefore, in a sense, the company can choose what industry and who it competes against for customers, but it must always keep the customers’ needs in mind. " Additionally the description of secondary and primary sources helped to detail how companies can get their information.

Oddly enough, Marty (I tried to tag you @martin flynn but could not )chose to mention my blog this week as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment